Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, state assessments were not administered and therefore data for student achievement and student growth are not available for the 2019-2020 school year.
Based upon North Dakota’s waiver approved by U.S. Department of Education, North Dakota's Department of Public Instruction did not calculate the Accountability Index for schools for the 2019-2020 report cards. Furthermore, Choice Ready data was not collected for the 2019-2020 school year. The School Support Status is based upon school performance results for the 2018-2019 school year.
North Dakota Choice Ready
The North Dakota Choice Ready framework is a tool to assist educators in ensuring that all students successfully graduate high school possessing the critical skills necessary to be ready for life. The Choice Ready measure is calculated based upon year-over-year growth in the overall performance of the school’s graduating class having acquired the Essential Skills and attained the readiness areas of Post-Secondary, Workforce, and/or Military / Life Skills within the framework. High schools must improve year after year to maintain the Choice Ready goals as established within North Dakota DPI’s accountability initiatives. Beginning in the 2021-2022 academic year, students taking the alternate assessment were included in the Choice Ready measure.
School data for two consecutive years is required to track Choice Ready growth outcomes based upon an annual scale of 0 to 129. Choice Ready growth is calculated by subtracting the Choice Ready rate of the previous academic year from the Choice Ready rate of the most current academic year.
The following contains additional details about measuring progress toward the annual target.
- 100% of Choice Ready Growth Criteria (129 / 129): 10.00% increment above the previous year percentage or 90-100% of students are Choice Ready
- 75% of Choice Ready Growth Criteria (96.75 / 129): 7.50% - 9.99% increment above the previous year percentage or 75% of students are Choice Ready
- 50% of Choice Ready Growth Criteria (64.5 / 129): 5.00% - 7.49% increment above the previous year percentage or 50% of students are Choice Ready
- 25% of Choice Ready Growth Criteria (32.25 / 129): 0.01% - 4.99% increment above the previous year percentage or 25% of students are Choice Ready
- No Choice Ready Growth Criteria (0 / 129): 0 % increment above the previous year percentage or less than the previous year percentage or 0-24.99% of students are Choice Ready
*Note: State and District-level Choice Ready performance do not include the data for the growth and annual target performance indicators as those are not applicable for Districts or the State under NDDPI’s ESSA accountability framework.
To protect student privacy, data for schools who have less than 10 students will not be displayed.
In some cases, when appropriate for the purpose of transparency, information involving 10 or more students may be displayed in ranges to avoid potential identification of students in small demographic populations. When utilized, ranges may be represented visually with diagonal lines or open circles in lightly shaded colors.
Please contact North Dakota's Department of Public Instruction with any questions and feedback via email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org