The Post Secondary outcomes Sankey chart shows where graduates are in the workforce. Grouped by graduation year, the left side of the chart shows what Field of Study (2 Digit CIP) the student majored in. Lines following to the right show the North Dakota industry that employs that student. Further exploration can be found by hovering over and clicking on threads that connect the field of study to the industry. Filtering of the data includes:
- Education Level: Students can be filtered down to the type of degree or certificate received.
- Gender: Students can be filtered by Male or Female.
- Institution: Results can be limited to one of the public post secondary intuitions in North Dakota.
- Number of Fields of Study: On the left side, you can limit the chart to more or less fields of study. They are ranked by student body size.
- Years Since Graduation: You can filter down to how many years since graduation to see how students move. Please note that as people move across industries that this value cant be treated as years of experience in that industry.
- Number of Industries: This filters the number of industries returned on the right side of the Sankey. They are ranked by number of workers when determining which ones to show.
- Clicking on a Field of Study: This filters down to just the pathways for that field of study, and it also adds a column in the middle showing the 4 or 6 Digit CIP Fields of Study. A selection toggle at the top of the column allows selection. To expand back to all Fields, click on the 2 Digit field on the left to turn it off.
- Clicking on an Industry: Just like clicking on a field of study, this filters down to just that industry.
Like most areas of Insights, cell suppression rules are applied to the Sankey chart data. Andy groups with less than 5 employees and 3 employers are suppressed. When viewing detailed threads for Field of Study, the footnote will show groups that were subject to partial and full suppression. A thread may be visible from a field of study to one industry, but may have been suppressed to a second industry and as such will show up in this list.
Number of Fields of Study
Years Since Graduation
Number of Industries
Fields of Study (CIP 2 Digit)